Monday, September 13, 2010

Goodbye Italy!

Tonight is my last night in Milan and therefore Italy, and I have to say, I'm not sorry to leave Italy! 

Today I went shopping - well, window shopping.  There are two things I've noticed about shopping in Milan: firstly, it's either designer - and I mean, real designer, the good stuff - or it's trash, aimed at teenagers.  There doesn't seem to be an in between, at least not around the areas that are walking distance from my hotel.  I'm sure it's not the case further out, maybe just in the main city area.  If I'd had more time, or come here just for the shopping, I would have been able to get out to the designer warehouses, which are meant to be really great. 

The other thing is, it's all winter stock right now.  Well technically, they call it their autumn season stock, but it's heavier clothing than we get in stores in for winter!  I assume it gets really cold here.  It's all heavy wools, cashmere, fur... beautiful things, but there is no way I'm buying winter clothes and encouraging the crappy weather back home.  I want summer, dammit!  Plus, I've seriously run out of suitcase space (and luggage weight allowance...)

I have a 4am start tomorrow, so it's off to bed early for me.  Goodbye Italy, hope I don't see you again any time soon!  France, I'll definitely be going back to, some day...

And these mozzies can definitely get stuffed!  :p

No comments:

Post a Comment