Saturday, September 11, 2010

Chocolate

I've had a lot of criticisms regarding Italy, but that all pales into insignificance with what I discovered tonight.

I had a craving for chocolate, so I headed to the supermarket up the street to get a Mars bar or something.  But do you think you can buy a chocolate bar in Italy?

I had noticed this in other supermarkets, but they were smaller, and I figured that was the reason.  Confectionary shelves are very limited, and you can only buy (not great looking) blocks of chocolate, or in the case of the few options of chocolate bars (generally limited to Snickers, Bountys and Mars bars), you can only buy them in bulk packets.

The problem with having to buy six Mars bars, is that... well, you then have six Mars bars to eat.

The only place I've ever seen chocolate bars is at service stations on the highway.

Italy has a distinct lack of chocolate.  No wonder the country is a shambles. 

No comments:

Post a Comment