Friday, August 20, 2010

More Thoughts on Paris

People are so polite. Not just the people working in shops and cafes, but people on the streets too. Manners have definitely not gone out of fashion here.

Nor has table service. The whole go up to the counter yourself to order rubbish doesn't seem to exist here. I half expect if I went into McDonalds you'd get table service there, too. And the waiters in the cafe know how to be proper waiters. It's weird, I've not seen a single female waiter, they are all men, and mostly middle aged. No teenage girls with attitude problems, who act as though they are doing you the favour by waiting on you.

So, it's nice to see that service and general good manners are only dead back home, and not the rest of the world...

2 comments:

  1. I'm jealous that you have waiters with manners.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, I'm never going to be able to go out to dinner at home again.

    Did I mention the free bread???? lol

    ReplyDelete